STANDARD 2800 SQFT FISH ROOM LAYOUT
• 18 double sided, 6 single sided racks/ quarter
(10w x 7h = 70 tanks/side)
• 72 double sided, 24
single sided racks/ room = 11760 tanks/ room
order of rack layout allows for easy labeling, faster tank finding
andefficient distribution of life support and waste removal.
• Rows are open ended and limited in length to provide
for redundancy of
• Use of wall space is optimized
- side walls are ultilized for single sided racks while end walls
are left open for storage units and work space
Nursery may be located within the main room (similar light cycle)
but can also be placed in adjacent space depending on the demand.
• Crossing space will be needed within the main room
- end walls would work but crossing stations throughout the room
are more user friendly.
• Live food culturing must
be on its own light cycle (likely 24hr).
of experiment space within the main room is use dependant and can
be problamatic due to the temp and humidity conditions.
Click here for larger
image (pdf file)